[speex-dev] libspeex crash with RC3

Jean-Marc Valin jean-marc.valin at hermes.usherb.ca
Wed Mar 12 20:26:52 PST 2003

Le mer 12/03/2003 à 22:39, Daniel Vogel a écrit :
> I tried to compress 160 samples of random garbage (range 0-500.f) at 4kbps
> and got a crash in nb_encode -> forced_pitch_quant because start
> was -858993460 (== ol_pitch).

I haven't been able to reproduce the problem. Can you send either an
audio file that reproduces the problem with speexenc or a simplified bit
of source code that I can use? So far, I have one potential (but
unlikely) explanation: in the file ltp.c, line 83, you have:

for (i=0;i<N;i++)
{
     best_score[i]=-1;
     gain[i]=0;