[speex-dev] libspeex crash with RC3

Daniel Vogel vogel at epicgames.com
Wed Mar 12 20:34:11 PST 2003

Narrowed it down a bit. For me the code crashes encoding the second frame if
the first encoded frame was all zeros. Can someone else reproduce this or am
I on crack and should look for a bug elsewhere?

// Initialize speex encoder.
SpeexEncoderBits  = new SpeexBits;
SpeexEncoderState = speex_encoder_init(&speex_nb_mode);

INT	FrameSize,
        SamplingRate	= 8000,		// 8000 Hz
        BitRate		= 4000;		// 4kbps == 10 bytes per 20 ms

peex_encoder_ctl( SpeexEncoderState, SPEEX_SET_BITRATE		, &BitRate		);
speex_encoder_ctl( SpeexEncoderState, SPEEX_SET_SAMPLING_RATE	,
&SamplingRate 	);
speex_encoder_ctl( SpeexEncoderState, SPEEX_GET_FRAME_SIZE		, &FrameSize	);

FLOAT Src[VOICE_FRAME_SIZE];
appMemzero( Src, sizeof(Src) );
char Dest[VOICE_FRAME_SIZE];

peex_bits_init( SpeexEncoderBits );
speex_bits_reset( SpeexEncoderBits );
speex_encode( SpeexEncoderState, Src, SpeexEncoderBits );

INT PacketSize = speex_bits_write( SpeexEncoderBits, Dest,
VOICE_FRAME_SIZE );

check( FrameSize  == VOICE_FRAME_SIZE   );
check( PacketSize == FVoicePacket::Size );

peex_bits_reset( SpeexEncoderBits );
speex_encode( SpeexEncoderState, Src, SpeexEncoderBits );  //<-- boom!!!

Thanks,

-- Daniel, Epic Games Inc.