[speex-dev] Bitrates table

Christian Buchner Christian.Buchner1 at epost.de
Tue Jun 3 21:08:42 PDT 2003

Hi there.

The bug in the speex_mode_query() function led to significantly
wrong bitrate calculations in the table I posted. DO NOT USE
THIS TABLE!

This was due to the fact that because of underreported frame sizes,
the number of frames per second was doubled. Hence the number of
bits per second would be overreported. This screwed up the numbers
for WB and UWB coding.

Previously the table stated bitrates up to ca 98 kbit/s. Now the
highest rates are about 44.8 kbit/s. If there is interest in a
corrected table I will post a corrected version. Otherwise please
pretend I never posted this. Grin.

;)

Christian