[speex-dev] ACM Format Tag for Speex Audio

Marc Tremblay mt at indovia.com
Wed Jun 18 10:25:28 PDT 2003

Hi,

As a potential user of the Speex ACMs and DirectShow filters to come I am also
curious about how many ACM codecs for Speex there are under development right now.

Also, the WAVEFORMATEX structure must be planned so that it is extensible, with
backward-compatibility, without having to ring back Microsoft for further
WAVE_FORMAT tags. For instance, it is a good idea to put a flexible sub-format
code in the structure that allows various layouts.

I have some experience with that. Please let me know if I can be helpful.

MT