[speex-dev] narrowband embedded in wideband

Matthias Granberry matthias at utdallas.edu
Thu Jun 12 17:13:50 PDT 2003

It looks like I'll need to go further into the guts of speex to do
this.  I do, however, see some lines in nb_celp.c/nb_decode() that
look interesting.  I guess I'll play with it.  I doubt that it will be
terribly clean, though.

 Jean-Marc: Take a look at line 1195 in nb_celp.c (CVS).  It reads
 "speex_warning ("More than to wideband layers found: corrupted
 stream?");" when it should be "More than two wideband layers..."

"Christian.Buchner" <Christian.Buchner1 at epost.de> writes:

>> Is there any way to access only the narrowband portion of a wideband
>> stream?
>
> Try encoding a stream in UWB or WB mode using speexenc. speexdec has
> command line options you can use to force it to NB decoding only. So
> yes, it is possible.  And the implementation in speexdec.c should
> show you how.
>
> Christian

Matthias Granberry
matthias at utdallas.edu