[speex-dev] low sampling rate for Wideband ?

Tongbiao Li tli at viack.com
Fri Jun 6 13:10:04 PDT 2003

Hello,

We currently have code for sampling at 8 KHz at device layer.  In order
to have minimal code change while still doing wideband I am thinking of
packing two 20 ms frames of the low band data as input to Wideband mode
for encoding.  Is this a feasible idea?

I actually tried it out.  Speech came out at the decoding end, but I
could occasionally hear low pitched, high frequency background noise.

Thank you,