[speex-dev] Is there a version of Speex like Fraunhofer MP3 codec?

John Edwards john.edwards33 at ntlworld.com
Thu Feb 27 11:56:26 PST 2003

Hi Ben,

I knew you could configure an external encoder, but obviously it doesn't
want to encode on-the-fly. An option that I believe will work, although I
haven't tried it specifically with speex, is CDex. CDex is a free, high
quality ripper and encoder, you can get it here:
http://cdexos.sourceforge.net/ .

You can configure an external encoder, it will encode on-the-fly and record
to your chosen format line-in. You can also, I believe, select the sample
rate you want it fed to the encoder at. There is a reasonable help system
that should enable you to set it up.

John