[speex-dev] Is there a version of Speex like Fraunhofer MP3 codec?

Jean-Marc Valin jean-marc.valin at hermes.usherb.ca
Wed Feb 26 22:34:22 PST 2003

Well, I don't know Audiograbber (I run Linux and I supposed it's a Win32
app), but it's probably a matter of writing a Speex plugin for it. You
basically have two options for that: 1) write one yourself or 2)
convince someone to do it.

Now, there are probably other ways to encode in real-time. Under Linux,
that would simply be a matter of:
% rec -c 1 -t sw -r 16000 /dev/stdout | speexenc -w --vbr - output.spx
where the rec command only reads from the soundcard and sends the audio
to standard out. I suppose it's possible to do something similar under
Windows.

        Jean-Marc