[speex-dev] Integration / Playback

James Couzens jcouzens at uhfco.net
Tue Feb 25 22:28:42 PST 2003

Hello everyone,

I haven't been through the archives yet, and perhaps my answer lies there, if indeed it does, perhaps I could be directed as to which month to review.

I'm working with a video game engine, which makes use of openAL for playback.  It does not support audio capture so I have been working with portaudio to handle this for me as its multiplatform like the engine I'm working with.  What I am trying to accomplish, is to record, encode, send to server, relay to client(s), decode, playback.  My interest is in what to use for playback.  I could use portaudio, which supports playback, it also appears that I could use speex to do my playback.  I think the best thing to use would be openAL however as this suits overall integration into the engine.  So, my question is, what would any of you recommend?

Any suggestions or light anyone can shed on this topic would be helpful.  I'm no audio programmer, i'm quite new to this.

Cheers,

James