[speex-dev] LIB usage

Bruno David Rodrigues bdr09166 at students.fct.unl.pt
Fri Feb 28 16:09:39 PST 2003

Hello,

I'm trying to use the speexlib but I just can't do it. I've made just like the
example (on the site) says. Some times I get SIGFAULT. Also, I'm reading the
input_frames from /dev/dsp (directly). What is missing here?

  speex_bits_init(&bits);
  enc_state = speex_encoder_init(&speex_nb_mode);

  speex_encoder_ctl(enc_state, SPEEX_GET_FRAME_SIZE, &frame_size);

  for(n=0; n<100; n++)
  {
    read_from_dev(fd1, (float *)input_frame, 1024);

    speex_bits_reset(&bits);
    speex_encode(enc_state, input_frame, &bits);
    nBytesFrame = speex_bits_nbytes(&bits);
    nbBytes = speex_bits_write(&bits, byte_ptr, nBytesFrame);

    write_to_file(fd2, byte_ptr, nbBytes);
  }

  speex_bits_destroy(&bits);
  speex_encoder_destroy(enc_state);