[speex-dev] SHARC DSP

Thu Dec 18 20:16:05 PST 2003

Le jeu 18/12/2003 à 22:10, Devendra Jalihal a écrit :
> I don't know about SHARC. We have G.723/G.729 running on ADSP 2181 taking
> approx 25 MIPS. The best reported implementation of these take 16 MIPS.
> Basic speex is  about 1.5 times computationally more complex
> than these in the basic CELP part. Preprocessing might add a little more.
> Depending on how the integerization proceeds, speexs might night
> anywhere up to 40 MIPS on fixed-point DSPs. But SHARC being a floating
> point DSP, is a different beast altogether.

Actually, I think Speex should be about the same complexity as G.723.1.
At 8 kbps with complexity 1 (default is 3), it requires around 10 mflops
and once converted to fixed-point, it's around 15 MIPS (not including
shifts, loop overhead and things like that).

Jean-Marc Valin, M.Sc.A., ing. jr.
LABORIUS (http://www.gel.usherb.ca/laborius)