[speex-dev] SHARC DSP

Devendra Jalihal dj at tenet.res.in
Thu Dec 18 19:10:45 PST 2003

I don't know about SHARC. We have G.723/G.729 running on ADSP 2181 taking
approx 25 MIPS. The best reported implementation of these take 16 MIPS.
Basic speex is  about 1.5 times computationally more complex
than these in the basic CELP part. Preprocessing might add a little more.
Depending on how the integerization proceeds, speexs might night
anywhere up to 40 MIPS on fixed-point DSPs. But SHARC being a floating
point DSP, is a different beast altogether.
Devendra Jalihal