[speex-dev] reduction of noise due to high microphone gain

Tongbiao Li tli at viack.com
Tue Aug 12 12:03:22 PDT 2003

Hello,

With high microphone gain, I seem to have problem making the silence
detection work.

The speech detection works well for the rare dish sample, which has very
low noise amplitudes in silence regions.  However, if the microphone
gain is set to really high, noise samples are taken as speech, as
indicated by the non-zero return value from speex_encode() calls.

I had VAD turned on.

Are there other settings that I need to adjust?  If not, could someone
recommend a suppression solution in this case ?

Thank you,

Tongbiao Li