[speex-dev] Speex & Java ...

Kaveh Goudarzi kaveh at arkasoft.com
Wed Apr 2 16:59:20 PST 2003

Hello People,

        Are there any ongoing efforts to port speex enc/dec
to java?  I know there are a couple of things lying about in
jcraft and other sites but they all seem a little half hearted.

        I've used jspxdec.zip written by james.lawrence at hellonetwork.com
to knock together a little applet for playing speex files but james'
decoder only deals with a subset of the options.

        The applet is on http://www.vivasonic.com/speex/SpeexPlayer.html
and requires the java plugin to work, also if you want to play any files
from your hard disk or from other sites you will need to accept the dummy
certificate I used to sign the jar file.

regards,

Kaveh.