[speex-dev] sampling rate

Jean-Marc Valin jean-marc.valin at hermes.usherb.ca
Fri Oct 18 13:45:54 PDT 2002

> Is there any future or current work being planed on
> other sampling rates (besides 8kHz and 16kHz),
> specifically 11026Hz ?

Sorry for the delay. I've been doing a couple tests and what I'd suggest
is encoding using the narrowband (8 kHz normally) mode even though your
data is at 11.025 kHz. It won't work for wav input (for now) but it will
work for raw audio. Note that your mileage may vary depending on the
input. There may be some noise in the high (~5 kHz) band, mostly is
there is lots of energy in the low-band (you may want to slightly
high-pass). This is because it's sometimes hard to encode audio when
there's a high energy difference (80-100 dB) between low frequencies and
high frequencies.

Jean-Marc Valin, M.Sc.A.
LABORIUS (http://www.gel.usherb.ca/laborius)