[speex-dev] Speex in QuickTime

Pontus Carlsson pontus at popwire.com
Thu Nov 28 11:05:00 PST 2002

Hi everybody,

I've just finished my Speex Codec component for QuickTime. This makes it
possible play and create .mov files containg an audiotrack encoded with
Speex. My plan is to make the component open source and to put it on the
qtcomponent project page on SourceForge. Additional QT components that
would be nice is:

For streaming:
- Packetizer
- Reassembler
For importing/exporting Speex files:
- Exporter
- Importer

So anyone who wants to help is welcome..

The narrowband and wideband components (for windows) can be downloaded
here:
http://www.cyd.liu.se/~ponca707/QTSpeex.zip

To install them, just copy them to windows\system32\quicktime\ and start
QuickTime.

Please try it out.. To be able to export you need Quicktime
professional. The options dialog is functional, but needs some work - I
know ;)

/Pontus