[speex-dev] Speex wishlist

Jean-Marc Valin jean-marc.valin at hermes.usherb.ca
Fri Dec 13 10:21:22 PST 2002

> I tried this with speex files, but speexdec insisted on ending at
> the end of the first file. I traced this back to the "end of stream"
> flag on the last packet in the file which has to be set to zero for
> the first stream. Other players might ignore this end of stream
> flag, which probably isn't the best thing to do. If it were this
> simple I'd be happy to do "speexenc - - >> appendedfile.spx" :)

I agree that it's something that should work. It's not yet implemented
in speexdec, but I'd be happy to receive a patch for it (I don't know
enough about Ogg to do that myself). In the long term, ogg123 will
support Speex and handle that too...

Jean-Marc Valin, M.Sc.A.
LABORIUS (http://www.gel.usherb.ca/laborius)