[speex-dev] Speex wishlist

Bernard Blackham b-speex at blackham.com.au
Fri Dec 13 07:38:27 PST 2002

On Fri, Dec 13, 2002 at 10:57:00AM -0300, Alejandro G. Belluscio wrote:
> But you can `cat speex1.ogg speex2.ogg> unionspeex.og` and still have
> a valid gapless file. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I tried this with speex files, but speexdec insisted on ending at
the end of the first file. I traced this back to the "end of stream"
flag on the last packet in the file which has to be set to zero for
the first stream. Other players might ignore this end of stream
flag, which probably isn't the best thing to do. If it were this
simple I'd be happy to do "speexenc - - >> appendedfile.spx" :)

Cheers,

Bernard.

--
 Bernard Blackham