[Playlist] question about the XSPF specs

Lucas Gonze lucas at gonze.com
Sun Mar 29 21:45:29 UTC 2020

I appreciate where you are going with this. Godspeed.

You are correct that an identifier is not necessarily playable, but this
doesn't disqualify playability. That flows from a subtle point of XSPF's
design. It is fundamentally a query language enabling user agents to get
something played that matches the user's expectations. The user agent is
free to resolve a YouTube link with a Spotify track and vice versa, but it
is certainly welcome to play a Spotify link within Spotify.