[Paranoia] Paranoia still dead on Debian testing

Peter Jones pjones at redhat.com
Wed May 11 10:34:17 PDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-05-11 at 07:16 -0600, Aaron Birenboim wrote:

> Since I am using the 2.6.8 kernel, I'm trying to use the
> ATA interface (no generic SCSI emulation)
>
> Have there been any changes in the last 3-4 months
> which I can try.  (I'm happy to build from source or CVS)
>
> Have any other debian users had similar problems?
> Are there any tests I can do to try and find out
> why paranoia will not work on this machine?

Well, first thing I'd try is the source tree in this tarball:

http://people.redhat.com/pjones/cdparanoia-III-alpha9.8-25.tar.bz2

This is the patched source in the current Fedora Core package.  It has
code to use SG_IO, which will gets you back to the level of error
reporting and such that sg had.  The patch is ugly as sin, so I haven't
committed it to the paranoia svn tree.

I should really block off some time to rework all of that in a more
clean way :/

--
        Peter