[Paranoia] Paranoia still dead on Debian testing

Aaron Birenboim eunichs at boim.com
Wed May 11 09:23:21 PDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-05-11 at 07:20, R. Bernstein wrote:
> There is a port of cdparanoia as part of libcdio.
> http://www.gnu.org/software/libcdio
>
> I'd be interested if that is broken as well. I use a 2.6.8 kernel (via
> RedHat) and I believe the libcdio port of cdparanoia works on Mandrake.
>
> One note. libcdio's cdparanoia installs itself as cd-paranoia. However
> you can set a configure option to have it install as
> cdparanoia. (Ditto I think with libparanoia).

I haven't gotten quite that far yet.
I have a fairly clean disk in the drive, and am running "make check"
It is getting some errors...

PASS: testiso9660
Checking /dev/cdrom for cdrom...
                CDROM sensed: DVD+R/RW DX082D           10sB ATAPI
compatible

Verifying drive can read CDDA...
        Expected command set reads OK.
Testing 50 sectors starting at 134327
Testing 50 sectors starting at 144594
Testing 50 sectors starting at 69581
Skipping LSN 69581 because of status: skip
LSN 69582 doesn't match
Skipping LSN 69627 because of status: skip
LSN 69628 doesn't match
Skipping LSN 69629 because of status: skip
LSN 69630 doesn't match
Testing 50 sectors starting at 1003

Does this give any clues?

--
Aaron Birenboim         \    I have an inferiority complex,
Albuquerque, NM, USA     \       but its not a very good one.