[Paranoia] Paranoia still dead on Debian testing

Aaron Birenboim eunichs at boim.com
Wed May 11 06:16:56 PDT 2005

Paranoia has been dead on my Debian-testing machine for a while.
I'm running kernel 2.6.8 with SMP and high-memory enabled.

I got the latest cdparanoia distro some months ago,
which only made things worse.
cdparanoia would not work at all, but cdda2wav worked.

I just did a debian update/upgrade, and now cdparanoia works WITH
PARANOIA DISABLED, but it still pukes miserably with paranoia on.
(unrecoverable errors)

Since I am using the 2.6.8 kernel, I'm trying to use the
ATA interface (no generic SCSI emulation)

Have there been any changes in the last 3-4 months
which I can try.  (I'm happy to build from source or CVS)

Have any other debian users had similar problems?
Are there any tests I can do to try and find out
why paranoia will not work on this machine?
--
Aaron Birenboim         \    I have an inferiority complex,
Albuquerque, NM, USA     \       but its not a very good one.