[Paranoia] cdparanoia-like program for Windows

Jeffrey Barish jeff_barish at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 13 07:55:03 PST 2005

I have been using cdparanoia as a helper program called from my Python
program on a linux platform.  I am porting my program to Windows now.  The
Python code ports easily because there is a Python interpreter for Windows.
However, I need to use a different helper program for ripping.  Does anyone
know of a Windows program for ripping that can be controlled from a command
line?  I need to issue a command like

cdparanoia <tracknum>

and I need to be able to capture status output so that I know when the
command has finished running.  Has anyone tried to get cdparanoia to work
on Windows, perhaps using cygwin?  Has anyone tried running cdparanoia
under CoLinux?
--
Jeffrey Barish