[Paranoia] CDROM Brand/Model Recommendations?

Parker Johnson parker at iodalliance.com
Mon Mar 14 18:50:19 PST 2005

Hello.  I just started working at a ripping facility that does tons of
cd ripping.  We have 12 frankenstein ripping machines at the moment.
These machines are mostly just older machines that people have had
laying around.  Of course, several of them experience cd ripping errors
and now we are considering standardizing on new cdroms (but
unfortunately not replacing the machines in which the cdroms are
going).  Is there a recommended brand of cdrom that cdparanoia likes and
is a no brainer install on Linux.  We need something tht will be able to
handle hundreds and hundreds of hours of use too.  Any suggestions
appreciated.

Thanks,
Parker