[Paranoia] Cdparanoia stuck in blk_execute_rq

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Wed Jan 19 08:26:57 PST 2005

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005, David Wake wrote:

> Thanks for the help.  Actually /dev/hda is my CD-ROM drive.  Given this,
> should I still be using ide-scsi?  Do I just need a new CD-ROM?

Okay, if the CD is really the master drive on the first cable, it is hda.
I would stop using ide-scsi for CD access, while it worked the last time I
tried it for burning, there's no joy to it and it may introduce other
problems.

After taking out the ide-scsi, you can try to read the drive directly,
using the appropriate device name. Without trying it with FC3 and paranoia
I can't say if that's /dev/hda or /dev/sg0, or something else. I have FC1
on my media machine, so different conditions apply.

--
bill davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>
  CTO, TMR Associates, Inc