[Paranoia] First-track ripping oddity

CJ Kucera xiph
Tue Jun 29 08:01:01 PDT 2004

<1088520903.4167.7.camel at localhost.localdomain>

Peter Jones wrote:
> It's interesting that cdda2wav doesn't give the error.  Is the pop
> overlapping real data, or is it simply before it?

It happens over actual data.  I could whip up some short wav samples
if you'd like...

> I don't suppose you can pull the drive out and see if there's any real
> manufacturer information on it?

Sure, I'll pull it out later today and have a look.

> This vaguely sounds like the sort of thing --toc-bias was invented for,
> but I'm not completely sure just yet.

Yeah, I had noticed that in the manpage but I hadn't tried it yet
because it sounded like that was more for situations where there's
actually a bit of data missing from the beginning, which didn't
sound quite like what was going on in my case.  Couldn't hurt to give
it a try, though, I'll let you know if that helps at all.

-CJ

--
WOW: Kakistocracy        |  "The ships hung in the sky in much the same
apocalyptech.com/wow     |    way that bricks don't." - Douglas Adams,