[paranoia] cdparanoia wish list: I'm doing some development

systemloc at earthlink.net systemloc at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 26 13:46:35 PST 2004

I'm sorry I'm not up on C, else I'd aid your efforts. I would appreciate
it, though, if you would post to the mailing list what you find out about
an alternative to SCSI emulation. As I understand it, by using SCSI
emulation, you have much better control over the device. Using ATAPI
commands is not very good since you don't get good error correction data
back from some drives. Also, I thought SCSI emulation was neccessary for
burning. I'd enjoy it very much if you post what you learn about
alternative low level drive access methods, and if there is a new
interface in 2.6 for CD burning drives.

TJ Harrell