[paranoia] cdparanoia wish list: I'm doing some development

David Pottage dpottage at tao-group.com
Fri Jan 16 08:15:06 PST 2004

Kim Lux wrote:

 > I'm wondering if anyone out there would like to help me with this
 > undertaking as well as if there are any other things that need to be
 > addressed while I'm working on CDParanoia.

A feature I would find useful, would be a command line option that
would force cdparanoia to rip data tracks as if they where audio.

I have had problems recently with some audio CDs, that play fine on a
normal player, but cdparanoia refuses to rip. I found that the reason
is that the TOC has marked all the audio tracks as data.

I also found that I could successfully rip the CDs, if I commented out
the check in the source (Line 1031 of main.c) and re-compiled.

Obviously, it would be useful if there was a command line option
available to achieve the same effect, but I don't think I am
sufficiently familiar with the source to just dive in and put it in.

How easy would it be for you to add such a feature while you are
hacking the source anyway?

TIA

--
David.