[paranoia] Improvement of extraction on ATAPI CDROM's

Jack Pistachio jackpistachio at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 12 13:17:21 PST 2004

I get over 10x full paranoia speed on my ATAPI system.
However, this is with a new 52x read CDRW drive and an
Athlon 1800 XP.  A lot of error correction reduces this rip
speed down to around 3-4x... especially while encoding
simultaneously.  Around 2x looks very reasonable for a
200MHz system (since this also implies slower idebus
speeds, etc).
- jackp

Do you Yahoo!?