[paranoia] ide-cd or icd-scsi with kernel 2.6.3?

TB 40208.nospam at comcast.net
Sat Feb 21 23:18:53 PST 2004

Please reply directly to me; I'm not on the list.

ide-scsi is deprecated in 2.6 series kernel.  However, the same CD track with my
Lite-on 52x CD rips in :14 seconds with ide-scsi and :19 seconds with ide-cd.

Should I continue using the deprecated ide-scsi interface as advised by the FAQ?

Will an updated cdparnoia eventually cease favoring ide-scsi?

Thanks