[paranoia] paranoia vs EAC

Boris Maizel boris at maizel.de
Fri Sep 5 04:27:30 PDT 2003

Hi All!

As many nowadays I plan to RIP my entire CD collection.
I have surfed Internet for a time, all serious howtos
recommend to use cdparanoia on Linux and ExactAudioCopy on Windows.
But I did not find any direct comparison of this tools :(

Because I'm writing to the paranoia list, I expect
to here from you, why is the paranoia better ;-)))
Are there differences in algorithms used?
Any reasons to expect better quality, at least for some CD-s?

It seams, that EAC is currently more feature-rich.
I don't mean integrated interface, but things like
pregap detection, offset setting, etc. Is this opinion right?

Please, no general "Windows vs Linux" arguments ;)
Currently I have both Linux and Win-2000 under my table,
and I have no ideological problems with it ;)

Thank you!
B.M.