[paranoia] extracting no-audio tracks

Patrick Lynch patlynch at hailmail.net
Fri Jul 25 01:30:32 PDT 2003

On 24 Jul 2003 23:26:31 +0200, "txemi" <txemi2 at euskalnet.net> said:
> I want to extract non audio tracks.
> How coult I do it? Is cdparanoia for this?
> I was not able to extract tracks created with cdbackup.

Try cat /dev/cdrom > ~/copyofcd.iso.
Then you can burn that file on to another CD:
cdrecord dev=<your cd-burner location> speed=8 ~/copyofcd.iso
This will produce an identical copy of the original. (no technically
identical, but that doesnt need consideration)

For CD's with multi session tracks, look into cdrtools

Patrick.

--
  Patrick Lynch
  patlynch at hailmail.net