[paranoia] extracting no-audio tracks

Mikko Nummelin mnummeli at cc.hut.fi
Thu Jul 24 23:21:32 PDT 2003

On Fri, 24 Jul 2003, txemi wrote:

> I want to extract non audio tracks.
> How coult I do it? Is cdparanoia for this?
> I was not able to extract tracks created with cdbackup.

To my best knowledge, cdparanoia is _solely_ for extracting audio tracks.
If the CD on /dev/cdrom has a data-session it usually can be mounted in
the following way (make sure /mnt/cdrom exists):

# mount /dev/cdrom -t iso9660 /mnt/cdrom

To view its contents:

# cd /mnt/cdrom

# ls

To copy it elsewhere:

# cp -R /mnt/cdrom /root/copy_of_cdrom

And finally to unmount (make sure not on /mnt/cdrom anymore, as
otherwise the next one fails to "device is busy"):

# umount /mnt/cdrom

In some special cases like DVD:s, copying with "cp" might not be
possible. In those cases, use something like

# cat MISC1.VOB >/root/MISC1.VOB

eparately to all "defective" files.