[paranoia] SCSI CD Problems - a workaround solution

Jack Pistachio jackpistachio at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 13 08:52:35 PST 2003

Sounds like you didn't have the generic scsi device nodes
setup.  Create these using mknod (major=21, minor=X where X
is sgX).
bash$ mknod sgX c 21 X
In your case, you need sg0 to use scd0.  CDParanoia works
fine with scsi emulation, in fact it suggests it.  scsi
emulation is also required for CD burning.  The reason most
programs will work with the setup you had before is they
don't use the generic device, while CDParanoia makes quite
a bit of use with it.
-jackp

Do you Yahoo!?
http://shopping.yahoo.com