[paranoia] I think I've found something cdparanoia can't rip...

Monty xiphmont at xiph.org
Wed Mar 14 21:04:18 PST 2001

On Thu, Mar 15, 2001 at 04:47:22PM +1300, John Morton wrote:
> I picked up a copy of Autechre's EP7 and discovered, while nosing around
> on a fan website that it has a hidden track - though in this case it
> really is hidden, as rather than padding the last track with silence, or
> placing the track at track 99, this one is at the beginning of the CD,
> before track 1:

Access it as track 0; this directs cdparanoia to grab the track 1
pregap.  What you did should work too, but it was a more clever
example of command line usage than I actually coded for.  It probably
works, but hey :-)

You may need to use the IDE-SCSI option instead of ATAPI to get this
to work (assuming the drive will do it at all, but most will).

Monty