[paranoia] ! in the bargraph...

Greg Olak gregolak at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 18 00:29:16 PST 2001

(english is not my natural language, sorry...)

Hi, i'm new in linux and i'm trying to migrate from win to linux.
Now the only thing that makes me keep windows is Ripping audio CD's  :o(
Under windows i use EAC.

My problem : with cdparanoia I often have '!' in the bargraph and when
I compare (with EAC function) two extracted files I found differences
between them at the '!' place , which is a problem because I need secure
copies...

Even if the differences seems not to be audible, I have each time to check
with
a sound editor... With EAC under win98 no problem at all.
Is there any way to fix this problem ?

The '!' mostly happens during silences but not only. And there can be '!' in
a given
track and no if I extract him again !

I'm using a standard IDE cdrom drive, RedHat 7.1.
I have the last cdaparnoia version.

If you have any idea, links or suggestion... Thank you !