[paranoia] audio burn: what did I do wrong?

Christopher Jones cjones12 at tulane.edu
Sat Nov 18 10:25:07 PST 2000

 > You can use normal wav files instead.  This is much simpler:

OK, but there's a FAQ at www.faden.com/cdrfaq that says I can't. They say it
has to be cddr format for my stereo to play it. Moreover, after reading through
the faq (they have a section relevant to my problem) I am thoroughly
discouraged. I have an -old- cdplayer and the word seems to be that I have to
go out and buy 10 different manufacturer's disks and try them all in the -hope-
that one of them -might- play on my stereo. But I am making this disk for a
friend, who also has an old stereo, so what are the chances that anything I
get to work on mine will work on hers?