[paranoia] cdparanoia can't make a smooth recording

Robert Braddock stormwarden at bigfoot.com
Fri May 12 00:40:38 PDT 2000

> how it affected the processing. Now, "-z -o 15" appears to give good
> results--at least where "good results" means "there's no way you can get an

I take that back. I had started a "-z -o20" run, because it seemed to make
progress yesterday but the -o15 ran at least 16 hours without getting
anything, and I was wondering if it might actually be able to record at
-o20, several hours later and it almost has a whole track, but it is that
same not pieced together bad recording, like I was originally getting (the
progress bar is all "+" except for about 6 "!"). Also, Im not sure any of
the other attempts recorded as quickly as this last one. Must have just been
a fluke. Odd that cdp pieced the sound together badly again, though.

Probably not worth looking in to any more--though detecting the failure
would save you time from people who don't realize just _how_ bad their drive

Robert