[paranoia] cdparanoia stops after first track extraction

Wagner One wagner at enteract.com
Mon May 8 09:09:18 PDT 2000

I am running the latest version of cdparanoia on a linux 2.2.12-20 machine.
I have an ATAPI cd-rom drive and have disabled the native drivers and am
using the ide-scsi emulation as described in the cdparanoia documentation.

I pulled the latest src and compiled it, but cdparanoia couldn't find the
cdda libraries? So, I built it static and it runs. I wonder if something is
missing here that might be causing the problem? Does cdparanoia use some
other program to convert to wav after it extras the data from the cd?

No matter if I try the batch, a span of tracks or a single track, when the
extraction is complete, cdparanoia seems to hang. The heartbeat continues to
beat very slowly and cdparanoia takes upwards of 90% of the cpu, but nothing
ever happens after that.

This is a different subject, but I was running cdparanoia with the native
ATAPI driver before during my initial tests and I got some jitter/overlap
indicators, but, after switching to the ide-scsi emulation method I get
nothing as the arrow cruises across the progress area. Is that normal? Is it
because cdparanoia is able to control the drive better?

Thanks,
Mike

wagner at enteract.com, wagner at well.com, wagner at teamschoeps.org
"One good thing about music... when it hits you, you feel no pain."-LBDA