[paranoia] cdparanoia stops after first track extraction

Dale E. Martin dmartin at clifton-labs.com
Wed May 10 06:49:24 PDT 2000

Wagner One <wagner at enteract.com> writes:

> I pulled the latest src and compiled it, but cdparanoia couldn't find the
> cdda libraries? So, I built it static and it runs. I wonder if something is
> missing here that might be causing the problem? Does cdparanoia use some
> other program to convert to wav after it extras the data from the cd?

Did you do a "make install" and then run "ldconfig" afterwards?  You
need to do that for ld.so to "learn" about the new libraries.  If you
install to some unusual place (like in a regular account), you need to
set the environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH to point at the directory
where you put the shared libraries.

Later,
        Dale

--
| Dale E. Martin | Clifton Labs, Inc. | Senior Computer Engineer |