[paranoia] Firmware CDROM FIX (fwd)

Monty xiphmont at xiph.org
Sun Jan 16 22:44:57 PST 2000

------- Forwarded Message

I noticed you don't tell people to check their CD-ROM firmware in case of
problems.  I was using an ACER 32X Cdrom, and neither cdparanoia or other
rippers were working for tracks greater than #8 (seemed very odd...).  Tried
the CDROM on a windows box and windows rippers and cdplayers wouldnt work!
Downloaded newer firmware from Acer (dos utils only ;-( )  and now
cdparanoia runs like a champ!  Maybe this will help with trickier problems!
And thanks for your time and effort on the paranoia project!

Randon Loeb - CIO, Technical Director
CTI Consulting & Training
[email deleted to reduce chance of accidental spam --Monty]

------- End of Forwarded Message