[paranoia] Problems compiling cdparanoia

Monty xiphmont at xiph.org
Fri Feb 4 15:22:03 PST 2000

>     I've downloaded cdparanoia-iii-alpha9.7.src.tgz and i decompress it in a
> temp folder.
> In this folder i do the following:
>     ./configure   (conf.txt linked to this mail is what appears in the
> screen)
>     make all    (make.txt linked to this mail is what appears in the screen)
>     make install
>
> I think im compiling well the program but cdparanoia not appears to be a
> binary executable file. However the man page are correctly installed. ¿What
> im doing wrong?

Ah, 9.7 is the first version that installs as a binary and set of shared libs.
'make install' installs the shared libs (into /usr/local/lib by default), but
does not run ldconfig, or otherwise configure your dynamic linker to look in /
usr/local/lib if it does not otherwise.

Assuming /usr/local/lib is where the libraries went (you didn't include the
output from 'make install'), after 'make install' as root:

Add a line that reads '/usr/local/lib' to your '/etc/ld.so.conf'.  If the line
is already there, ignore this step.

run 'ldconfig'

And you'll be set.

Monty