[paranoia] Newbie User - Can't read CD

Gary Huntress huntres at ibm.net
Tue Sep 14 20:28:07 PDT 1999

I had *no* idea that this was so complicated!

I am using audiograbber to rip in windows.  It has 3 options for ripping,
ASPI, mscdex and analog.   MSCDEX fails, analog works fine (I guess that is
resampling through the soundcard....) and using the "detect" button on the
ASPI screen it selected "unbuffered burst copy" with default speed.....when
I begin to rip, it says its reading at 0.05X!   its gone for quite a while
without an error, but I don't really have the patience to let it run a very
long time to see if it will be successful.

However, if you are interested in getting cdparanoia to work with this
drive, I'll try whatever you want :)