[paranoia] Newbie User - Can't read CD

Monty xiphmont at xiph.org
Mon Sep 13 18:45:20 PDT 1999

> Okay :)    here is what I logged when using IDE
[...]
> Verifying drive can read CDDA...
> hdc: packet command error: status=0x51
> hdc: packet command error: error=0x54
> hdc: code: 0x70  key: 0x05  asc: 0x30  ascq: 0x02
> hdc: packet command error: status=0x51
> hdc: packet command error: error=0x54
> hdc: code: 0x70  key: 0x05  asc: 0x30  ascq: 0x02

"Incompatable Medium"

> general scsi support (using drive /dev/scd0 linked to /dev/cdrom) I got
> something like:
>
> 006 cannot read from device

Argh, missing the important part!  SCSI emulation gives more details than the
ATAPI driver, including a full command probe  Could you please send the -vQ
output using SCSI emulation?

(It's possible that this drive has an interesting command set after all....)

Thanks,

Monty