[paranoia] problem ripping audio cd's with my A-OPEN cdrom drive

Ronald Verlaan ronald at casema.net
Sun Oct 24 04:54:51 PDT 1999

Hi all,

I am using a A-OPEN 36x IDE-ATAPI cdrom drive. I am also using scsi
emulation and I am using cdparanoia 9.6.

My problem ios that of the end of every track I rip there is a loud
noisy click in the second before the last second of the ripped track.

I am able to make the click dissapear to give the option -o and a number.
However then one of 3 things happen depending of the value of -0

1. The click still exist it just shifts a bit in time.
2. The click goed away but now I hear a second of the next track at the
end of the track
3. The track is allright but cdparanoia gives me a :P smiley and does not
go on with the next track :(

Any ideas on how to resolve this problem?

My brother who has a 40x A-OPEN has the same problem. A friend with an
ASUS cdrom does not have this problem. Do I need to buy an ASUS or is
there any hope for me and my brother?

Thanx.

Ronald Verlaan

ronald at casema.net