[paranoia] CD-ROM slow to rip but no errors

Allen - McLeodUSA Internet mhampton at mcld.com
Thu Oct 21 12:23:53 PDT 1999

Monty wrote:

> CD-56E?  That sounds like a Teac model number...

Yes, it is.  My bad.  Sorry.

> > hdb: CD-56E, ATAPI CDROM drive
> > hdb: ATAPI 6x CD-ROM drive, 128kB cache
>
> Do you have any entries related to ATAPI or the cdrom in your system logs?  You
> *should*... the behavior is abnormal.

There are no log entries related to the CD-ROM or ATAPI at all, aside from the boot
messages shown above.

> If not, run cdparanoia with SCSI hostadapter emulation.

I have tried to enable SCSI hostadapter emulation, but I am getting scsi: 0 hosts.
I have the following config options set.  Am I missing something?  Should I build
SCSI as modules?

# CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDECD is not set
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDESCSI=y
CONFIG_SCSI=y