[paranoia] ATAPI-SCSI-Emulation

Georg Graf g.graf at chello.at
Tue Oct 12 23:56:56 PDT 1999

On Wed, Oct 13, 1999 at 08:32:51AM +0200, Friedrich Schunn wrote:

> Is this ATAPI-SCSI-Emulation a COMPLETE replacement for ATAPI-Support?
> I mean can ALL the features of the CDROM be used with that emulation
> or do I have to build two kernels, one with ATAPI support for normal
> use of the ATAPI-CDROM and one for using it with 'cdparanoia'?
>
> How reliable is ATAPI-SCSI-Emulation, is it as good as the direct
> ATAPI-Support?

It is looking to the system completely as an scsi cdrom drive, and
it does not interfere with any _real_ scsi devices. The system just
has one scsi bus more. don´t forget to compile in the support for the
ide controller as such!

afaik, cdparanoia does not need this stuff, it is intelligent enough
to conversate _directly_ with the atapi drive....

yours,

--
Georg