[paranoia] BTC BCD 16x - wav is empty - SOLVED

Janusz Nykiel stl at pertus.com.pl
Mon Nov 8 14:22:37 PST 1999

I've found a weird method to rip cds on my ATAPI BTC 16x drive. The
cdparanoia isn't working normally on it - it produces silent file.
Yesterday I've solved the problem. The solution is strange but it
works. First, I rip one track from the cd using cdda2wav. There's
always 20-40 unsuccesful matches during reading. Then, when the drive
is maybe "warmed" or something cdparanoia works perfectly. Do Heiko
and Monty are in conspiracy to force users use both their programs ;)
?

god is dead - nietzsche
nietzsche is dead - god
Janusz Nykiel