[paranoia] Is this spec ok with you?

David Philippi david at torangan.saar.de
Thu Dec 23 15:52:17 PST 1999

On Wed, Dec 22, 1999 at 09:35:27PM -0500, Peter Jones wrote:

> > True enough.  Debian labels it 0.9.7, which is fine with me.
> Which is still going to cause some ugliness, just because of the tarball
> name.  In fact, I think unless the tarball (and ensuing directory) read as
> 0.9.7, it'd actually get a bit harrier.  Better to either change the whole
> thing or leave it all -- making the package version and the tarball/build
> directory version different just gets ugly.

I would also vote to change the version number to 0.9.7 . This would make
much more sense in my opinion because for me a version number near 1.x
indicates that the program is stable but not complete. Alpha means to me a
program that I wouldn't copy to many people that are using cdparanoia
because of me (one has even started to use Linux mostly because he wanted to
have cdparanoia!).

> Of course, I just realized I left mit.edu URL's in that.  Oh well, off to
> fix.  Hrm.  Honestly, this needs more hacking.  With the recent breakup of

Well, as long as the URL is valid and public accessible there are no
problems with this ;-)

Bye David