[paranoia] Is this spec ok with you?

Peter Jones pjones at redhat.com
Wed Dec 22 18:35:27 PST 1999

On Wed, 22 Dec 1999, Monty wrote:

> > On Wed, Dec 22, 1999 at 11:50:50AM -0500, Peter Jones wrote:
> >
> > > I did some moderately ugly stuff with the version ("alpha9.7" isn't the
> > > cleanest version number in the world) in order to have a nice clean
> >
> > Yes that was a point I also wanted to change. Using "realver" and "ver"
> > works quite well but I still don't like it very much. It looks still ugly to
> > me... but I don't have any better idea yet except taking cdparnoia out of
> > alpha state - I would not call 9.7 alpha anymore.
>
> True enough.  Debian labels it 0.9.7, which is fine with me.

Which is still going to cause some ugliness, just because of the tarball
name.  In fact, I think unless the tarball (and ensuing directory) read as
0.9.7, it'd actually get a bit harrier.  Better to either change the whole
thing or leave it all -- making the package version and the tarball/build
directory version different just gets ugly.

Of course, I just realized I left mit.edu URL's in that.  Oh well, off to
fix.  Hrm.  Honestly, this needs more hacking.  With the recent breakup of
cdparanoia and its libraries, the header files and the .a should go in a
cdparanoia-devel package.

Might work on that tomorrow.

 -- Peter

"First things first -- but not necessarily in that order."
                -- The Doctor